I would truly not be able to go through with following my dreams without inspiration of others who have been successful in attaining and reaching their goals. True role models are those who possess the qualities that we would like to have and those who have affected us in a way that makes us want to be better people. To advocate for ourselves and our goals and take leadership on the issues that we believe in. We often don’t recognize our true role models until we have noticed our own personal growth and progress. Miss Teen Canada-World has taught me to not set limits on what I could do. I believe a person has many role models in their lives. Each role model teaches a person about themselves . A role model to me is someone who not only treats me as an equal but is honest, trusting, and most of all open-minded especially in today’s society. We live in a society that really doesn’t allow one to be different . A role model DARES you and themselves to be different.Hoping to boost her acting skills, Olivia Culpo entered the Miss Rhode Island pageant last October – her first pageant – with a dress that was ripped in the back. She won! She then went on to winning Miss USA, and now she is known as Miss Universe 2012! On the elation of winning, Olivia said, “It felt like I was dreaming. You just can’t believe it for awhile.” She is so inspirational because she still manages to stay so humble, even with her high status! As I watch Olivia Culpo’s highlights on her success, it truly makes me believe even a normal teenage girl like myself can one day reach my goals and be my absolute very best! Not going to lie, becoming Miss Universe one day is definitely on my list of things to try out! There is no limits for me anymore, I am always going to be challenging myself. I am hoping for my journey to resemble that of Olivia and become Miss Teen Canada-World 2013 because that is my biggest dream as of this moment. I will not stop until I reach my goal, shoot for the stars! Thankfully there is no height requirement because I am only about 5’3 and a half right now, and Olivia Culpo managed to win Miss Universe at only 5’5!
Here are some fun facts about Miss Universe Olivia Culpo:
1. At the beginning of September, 2011, Olivia Culpo was elected Miss Rhode Island USA, allowing her to become a delegate for the 2012 Miss USA Pageant in Las Vegas.
2. Olivia was born on May 8, 1990, in Cranston, RI (a small state on the coast of Atlantic Ocean), the daughter of Peter and Susan Culpo, both musicians.
3. She graduated from Academy St. Mary Bay View with highest honors in 2010.
4. In the second half of 2012, she gained the national title of Miss USA as a dark-horse candidate, ending along losing spell for RI in the NBC telecast (first Rhode Islander to do so in the contest’s 60-year history). From the beginning, the 20-year-old Boston University sophomore had not been a top contender for the national crown. In the meantime, Culpo’s election set off a wave of explosive emotion in her native Cranston (RI).
5. After her victory as Miss USA 2012, she had a series of meetings with Leila Lopes, the long-serving Miss Universe of Angola, in the States…
6. On December 19, 2012, Olivia, wearing a red and long-sleeved dress, led America to win the Miss Universe tiara by defeating Philippines and Venezuela. After not being a favorite during the beauty contest, she ended up winning the world trophy. A few days prior to the finals, Gabriela Rubi, a famous astrologer in the Hispanic community, predicted that Culpo would not make the top 10.
7. Miss Universe Olivia Culpo’s election was seen by an estimated worldwide audience of 1 billion viewers on TV and online, an event which included a significant number of delegates from the Third World and former Communist nations such as Croatia, Lithuania, and Slovakia. Meanwhile, the NBC telecast was one of the top television programs in the States on December 19, 2012.
8. With a Jennifer López- type look, the cello-playing brunette was named as the “most beautiful girl of the world” at the Planet Hollywood Casino in Las Vegas.
9. She, self described “cellist-nerd”, succeeded Leila Lopes of Angola (Southern Africa), last’s year winner.
10. Despite tripping slightly during the evening gown competition, a 10-judge panel, including Nigel Baker (one of the most celebrated fashion photographers), elected Miss Culpo as the winner.
Miss Rhode Island, to Miss USA, to now Miss Universe – Olivia Culpo has so many great qualities about her that make her such an amazing woman. The best thing about her is that she is taking advantage of her traveling abilities to speak out about HIV/AIDS and raise awareness to her platform. She is a true pageant queen with a warm heart and who is beautiful inside and out. I hope to reflect a positive image of her when I go on stage at nationals!
To personally contact me please e-mail to: email@example.com